Friday, March 29, 2019

GIU 2019 Day 5- Rainbow

Hello Unies!  Welcome back.  

Today, let's not just play with one or two colors.  Let's play with them all!!!  I love rainbows, seriously.  I remember when I was a kid getting just the right shades of crayons to make the best rainbows in the class.  I remember all things Lisa Frank and coveting my friend's rainbow kitten folder.  And when I discovered Unity Stamp Company, I decided I could and should make everything with rainbows.  I'm going to show you first my brand new rainbow-riffic project, but then I'm going to loop back and show you some of my other favorite rainbow projects from the past.  Angeline Choo will be proud!  She and I are rainbow and glitter soul sisters, I think!

 First off, here is my take on a rainbow floral. I used the Angie Blom masterpiece Rebuild Your Life for the rose, and because it was so unique, I used the sentiment from "things will work out."  The splattery edges are from the stamp set, "Let Adventure."  I used Van Gogh watercolors, and a smidgen of glossy accents and glitter for the stamens in the middle.  


When I showed my friends, Mooney and Sterner, Mooney told me it made her feel things and it felt like real art.  When asked, Sterner said it reminded her of Jerry Garcia.  Either way, this rose is "fun."


Below are some of my past rainbow works.  I've linked to the kits I've used in each.  Enjoy the color!












Here's your challenge today.  Rainbow-ify your stamps.  Fill your world with color.  Use colored inks, colored pencils, watercolors, crayons.  I don't care about the medium, but you need to play!  There's a reason people love rainbows.  They fill us with joy, they inspire us to believe there is hope, and they make us laugh.  If you decide to bring a little rainbow into the world, be sure to post a picture of it on the Unity Show and Tell or Instagram, and use the hashtag #colortheorywithShannon so I recognize that you were sent there by me!  

I've so enjoyed talking about color, florals, and different forms of media this week with you.  I hope you will keep in touch.  If you want to continue to see my work, follow me on Instagram through the handle @shannon.edwards.  I am also a pretty prolific poster on the Show and Tell on Facebook. 

Remember, if you want a chance at the Unity Prize Pack, be sure to comment on each day of this week's Growing in Unity 2019 blog.  I'll choose the winner early next week.

Happy stamping and creating, my friends!

37 comments:

  1. What a colorful way to end a somewhat dreary week of March. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creations are just beautiful! Such great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! That floral is gorgeous! And the rest of your cards. They are like masterpieces. You are one talented lady. I have enjoyed seeing your creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been inspiring today and all week! Thank you for sharing your talents! I love the rainbows a realized I need more of them on my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This a very striking piece and I really like it! I have enjoyed all your cards this week and all your great info on coloring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing with us this week. Yo uh inspired us all. I love all your of cards today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you really do love rainbows. They are wonderful and you have had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed your rainbow cards. Thanks for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another thing we have in common. That rose is stunning!
    Fabulous color series Shannon! It feels like your week went by too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your rainbows!!! They are a cheery pick me up. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful creations this week!!! ( and for the color theory lessons too!!)❤️🌈☁️

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never tried rainbows for my cards but I just saw the your hummingbird card and mada me remember why I got that stamp, I love it thank you, and yes the rose its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a glorious way to end a beautiful week. All of these florals, rainbows and magical spring things are gorgeous! Thank you for a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every single piece is a masterpiece ! So so lovely Shannon .. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful way to end a fantastic week! I have thoroughly enjoyed your GIU week! Thanks for all the information and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too love rainbows! I'm working on a Unity ATC swap and I'm going to rainbow-ify it! Thank you for the best GIU week ever. Really!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is brilliant and stunning. I love the contrast of black and white. The rainbow flower just pops right out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is my favorite of your wonderful week of projects!!! I just love how it pops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! So many awesome projects with the rainbow theme, I love them all!! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful colourful rainbow post! Thank you for a great week

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such happy cards!!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a huge fan of a rainbow of color. These are
    all so pretty in their own unique way. Thanks so much
    for a very informative and inspirational week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this card! Perfectly done! And all your other works put together... wow! You are a very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowzers! So many gorgeous rainbow projects. What a fabulous week of color theory and inspirational projects you've shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are the rainbow queen for the day! Thanks for all your inspiration today and all week long! You did fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh fresh, fun and vibrant - puts you in the mood for getting those colors out! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just stunning! ALL of your rainbow projects are amazing! Thanks for sharing color with us this week. I've been reminded of all the color. Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the rainbow of colors on your cards. I have enjoyed your color lessons this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful rainbow creations! I've enjoyed your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my what a magnificent way to end a week with so many gorgeous cards!!! It has been a wonderful week. Thanks for your coloring lessons, cards and tips. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ok I might just have to pick this one as my favorite! It’s a Wowza from me! Now I really want to go play with some rainbows... what an inspiring week! You really nailed this Sista!

    ReplyDelete
  31. All your color is beautiful. Thank you for sharing these lessons with us. I hope to post something on shoe and tell in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Rainbows are awesome! Love how you colored that rose! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  33. How beautiful!!! Love the vibrant color you attained using watercolors! Wow- beautiful cards- really loving the hummingbird!!!

    ReplyDelete